Last week I moved to my new home in Arizona. I'm completely in love.
Interviewing for dental school was a lot of fun. In many regards, it was like an intense barrage of first dates. You have fun on most first dates. My state school was the obvious first choice, and I loved the interview. But when I visited Arizona, I was smitten. Thankfully, the school and city feel just as wonderful and right as when I came last September!
After a frenzied two days, this is what I've thrown together in a previously unfurnished place:
Yeeesss. Color.
The spheres on the coffee table were a big deal.
Everyone needs useless spheres.
Ignore the things that aren't hung on the wall yet. Focus on the fact that that right there is a breakfast nook. I'm now 7% more of an adult.
Too bad I'll never have time to cook in here.
It's purple, of course.
(never again will I sleep in a twin.)
This is what I see outside my patio.
Yeah, it's hot. 116 degrees of hot. Hell is colder than Arizona. But it's okay because there are PALM TREES and GECKOS and you don't have to shovel heat! I haven't seen any real wildlife like havalenas (I think that's a combo between a hyena and warthog?) or rattlesnakes yet because I don't know where the real desert is. I think I'm in more danger of cilantro than any of those things.
My neighbors are really friendly. My ward is lively and welcoming. Everything worked out just the way I had hoped.
Did I not choose the most amazing place to learn about teeth?






Need a roommate?
ReplyDeleteI love useless spheres! You look so happy and your place is amazing! Good find :)
ReplyDeleteI laughed out loud reading this! Oh how I love your humor!! Your place is darling and I LOVE the punch of color! Well done, well done.
ReplyDeleteI love your apartment! You look so pretty in the first pic!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! Looks like so much fun (minus the whole school thing lol) :]
ReplyDelete